Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Blog Hop - Tie Dye Diva Patterns Perfect Party Dress - Hosted by Handmade Dress Haven



Starting Monday April 28, 16 bloggers, including myself, will be showing you a different way EACH to use the fabulous Perfect Party Dress Pattern by Tie Dye Diva. This fabulous pattern should be a staple in the sewing wardrobe of everyone who sews for girls.  It comes in girl's size 2-10 and baby sizes 0-24 months. For the sake of disclosure, I will let you know that I was a pattern tester for this pattern and I received the girl's size for free.  But, I have since made it many times, which I would not do if it was not an amazingly well-done and useful pattern. I am an affiliate for TDD patterns, which means I might get a few cents if you click on the link in the ride side bar and buy something. But, I created this blog hop because I love the pattern, not because I hope to get anything out of it. And, I want to help people learn to use patterns in creative ways, not just the one or two ways the designer shows you.  We all can't be pattern designers, but we can all think outside the box now and then and get creative!



This fabulous pattern is the one I used a few weeks ago for my entry in the Project Run and Play weed #3 design your own fabric sewalong.    Monday, April 28, I will be sharing with you a tutorial on how to make pintucks on the front of this pattern, instead of a bib, as well as how to do a ruched sash instead of flat. 



http://handmadedresshaven.blogspot.com/2014/04/project-run-and-play-week-3-design-your.html

    

Here is the schedule for the week. Each blogger is going to give you a tutorial on how to customize the wonderful pattern.  Come back to Handmade Dress Haven each day next week for links to the other hoppers!  And enjoy!!

April 28 Kathy, Amy, Michelle
April 29 Tasha, Ren and Alyssa
April 30 Sara Beth, Shelly, and Shawnta
May 1 Jenny, Meriel, Victoria, Nichole
May 2 Deanna, Zura, Kim







HTML Map




No comments:

Post a Comment