Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tie Dye Diva Long Sleeve Top


 Jen at Tie Dye Diva has done it again! Another great pattern!  



 I love her patterns and feel very fortunate to be her friend and be part of her process, albeit simply as a pattern tester.  This adorable top top pattern for girls can be made with a Peter Pan collar, squared-off 'split collar', no-collar square neckline or no-collar round neckline. It has so many style!  And, there is no buttonhole needed. It has a button-and-loop back closure.  The yoke is lined. So well designed!! As usual. 

I chose to test this pattern out in Robert Kaufman fine wale Cool Cords. I have a thing for this fabric group and have amassed a small collection!  First up, the Peter Pan collar. This was a great pattern to test and I had a lot of fun with it.  As usual with TDD patterns, it was well written, with clear instructions and great pattern pieces. 









 The back has two loops for button closures. My daughter chose these teacup buttons.

  
The collar lies perfectly!  I like the spacing between the back pieces, as you can see below.  It looks very clean and neat. The way the pattern is written, the back yoke lies perfect! Doesn't it look nice!!


I also made it in a square neck style, again in Cool Cords. I made this one a tad large so it will be something my daughter can wear longer.  This one has a matching skirt made from an Ottobre pattern, from issue 6/2009.








Great Pattern Jen!!!





PS:  Don't forget the fabric giveaway!!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kathy !

    Tianas Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Great job, Kathy and Jen. :)

    Crystal Baker-Hanson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tops! The tea cup buttons are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for testing for me, I love the tops you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely pattern and you sewed two gorgeous versions! I adore Kaufman cords also, they're the closest in quality to the European cord that I've found.
    I wrote how I sewed the scallops in the comments on my blog - hope it's not gobbledygook!!!

    ReplyDelete